Progress Update

Hello everyone,

//What's going on?
This month has been really weird for me since graduating. I am, in essence, relearning how to live without homework, true deadlines, and lack of free time. I'm surprised by this, but I've never not been a student before, so it's very weird not having to worry about school anymore. That being said, I did make a lot of progress and have set up quite a few things.

//Change Log
From now on, I try to post progress updates specifically on Wednesday. I was reluctant at first to post on a schedule, but I think it may be a good way to keep everyone updated while also giving more of a benchmark to commit my code to the GitHub repo. It's all about the smaller goals, right? That being said, I am also keeping a written change log that is very easy for me to access and write in, which will hopefully help me keep these updated useful.
  • Updated FAQ
    • Added some questions that I've been getting and also more general information about the project and blog.  
  •  Bought a tablet
    • I bought a drawing tablet and it just arrived yesterday! Now I will be able to sprite more on my own without having to do it via mouse, which will hopefully speed up the spriting process.
  •   Setup some BGMs and menus
    • Pause menus and the main menu have been created along with BGMs in each scene. 
  • Began work on Class and Ability systems
    • Since I want this game to be an RPG, you need numbers and customization in gameflow. Thus, I've decided to create a class system that will allow players to choose what class they play as. These classes will hold the framework for what abilities the player can learn down the road as they level up. 
  • Enemy AI work has begin
    • I'm around 50%-60% complete with the EnemyAI setup. I'm getting tripped up a lot however due to AI being a difficult hurtle to cross. While I am being heavily tripped up by this, I'm making decent progress and expect to be through the basic framekwork AI by week's end. 
  • Created Transitions
    • All menus allow closing the game immediately and running from battle (If in a battle).  

//Moving Forward
The log seems sparce, but a lot of code gets refactored as I get better each day, which allows me to access scripts much cleaner or allows the code to run smoother. I've also been tripped up by the AI a lot, which is causing me to lose pace as well. The game gets closer to a release every day! I hope you all can bare with me while I finish this game!

Thanks,
Aetius. 

Comments